June 7, 2011

Intern Highlight - Jennifer Kim


W-CAP is excited to welcome one of our newest interns Jennifer Kim.  Jennifer is originally from Suwon, Korea and is currently attending Brigham Young University (BYU) where she is studying accounting and working towards a double minor in Korean and Nonprofit management.  While she is hoping to someday work with an accounting firm, her ultimate goal is to work for a nonprofit that helps women/children to see their potential and to assist them in achieving their goals and dreams in life.  

“After a few weeks in American Samoa, my life has been changed. It is my privilege to work with such humble and grateful people. I know that I have given so much through other people, and I have always had a desire to give back to the world. Therefore, this experience brings me the satisfaction of giving back what I have received and am receiving. I love seeing smiles on people’s faces. I love seeing people laughing and being happy. I love the grateful spirits of these humble people. They may seem like they don’t have much material wise, but their hearts are bigger than most of us.”

This is what Jennifer said when we asked her what she thought about W-CAP

“It is great to see an organization that is trying to motivate and inform women and children to have a better lifestyle through different educational events. W-CAP is not only assisting unemployed women to create their own jobs through micro-enterprise training courses and micro-loan program, but also providing educational information about nutrition, hygiene, and other necessary topics in simple and fun ways.”    

Thank you Jennifer, for volunteering your time as an intern with W-CAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment